UPDATE: CAMP IS NOW FULL
Dates: August 21-August 26, 2021
Location: Greensboro Aquatic Center; Greensboro, NC
Host: Triangle Sports Commission
Lead Staff: Hill Carrow, Camp Director
Application: [Word Application]
For questions, comments, or to be added to the prospective camper database, please contact Collins Lowder via email by clicking here or by phone at (919) 678-1651.
Download our 2021 Masters Swimming High Performance Camp Flyer here
Download our 2021 Masters Swimming High Performance Camp magazine ad here
Sanctioned by NC LMSC for USMS, Iinc. Sanction No. 130-S006
The Rolling Admission period will begin on July 1, 2020, through the end of the application period in May of 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and will be provided an acceptance (or not) within a week. Accepted applicants will be required to pay half the camp fee within 30 days of receipt of an invoice after the HPC’s notice of their acceptance to secure their slot. If an applicant is not accepted initially, the High Performance Camp will make suggestions on enhancements (such as additional weekly workouts) that will improve chances for admission during the remainder of the Rolling Admission period.
Note: The “acceptance process” is primarily focused on your workout, training, and/or competitive swimming regimens simply to ensure a sufficient, consistent level of swimming that will enable you to do two workouts a day most days at the camp and benefit the most from the coaching and technical expertise at the HPC.
The Early Admission period runs July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. Applicants will be informed of acceptance and will be required to pay half the camp fee within 30 days of receipt of an invoice after the HPC’s notice of acceptance to confirm their slot. If a potential camper is accepted for Early Admission, they will receive a $200 discount as an incentive. If an applicant is not accepted for Early Admission, their application will still be considered for Rolling Admission and the High Performance Camp will make suggestions on enhancements that will improve chances for admission during the Rolling Admission process. Early Admission for the 2021 High Performance Camp closes on December 31, 2020.
This outstanding camp is offered to Masters swimmers through the Triangle Sports Commission, and the Greensboro Aquatic Center. The camp is organized and hosted by the Triangle Sports Commission.
The camp is limited to a small number of dedicated Masters swimmers who are committed to advancing their skills and performance. The camp is open to Masters swimmers who swim or train at an intermediate level or above. You’ll be taught and analyzed by outstanding coaches and professionals in the fields of sports psychology, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, technique, and resistance and flexibility training. Swimmers from across the U.S. and from Europe, South America, and the Virgin Islands have enjoyed the camp during its first nine years, and you can read an article about one swimmer’s experience at this amazing camp by clicking here.
What You’ll Do
• The camp emphasis is on testing and education. Pool time is dedicated to technique improvement rather than conditioning. You won’t be subject to high yardage, but you will get some quality workouts in!
• You’ll be filmed above and below the water and have plenty of stroke instruction and analysis on all four strokes, starts and turns.
• There will be testing for your heart rate and lactate threshold.
• You’ll do the land water strength test and swim power test.
• The camp also covers flexibility and range of motion assessment and instruction, as well as motivational and classroom presentations on topics such as biomechanics, physiology, sports psychology, nutrition, and race training.
• We’ll keep you busy, but there will be plenty of opportunity for interactio
n and socialization with the other Masters swimmers.
What You’ll Learn
• You’ll learn the most up-to-date Masters training and competitive theories and techniques and be able to correlate them to your personal swimming program and goals.
• Significant time will be devoted to providing individual results of, and feedback on, all testing. Biomechanic analysis of your stroke, body physiology, videotape review, flexibility and range of motion assessment results and recommendations, lactate and nutrition feedback, and recommendations will be included.
• You will receive expert instruction and a critique of starts, turns, and drills.
• You’ll take home computer printouts, handouts, videos, and test results, along with personalized training program recommendations.
An enthusiastic, friendly, passionate, and dedicated group of coaches continue the tradition of offering high level coaching at this camp.
• Download the application to apply. Applications must be received by May 31, 2021 and you will be notified of your acceptance within a week.
•See the Admissions Process above. To confirm their slot at the camp, the accepted applicant will then need to remit half the camp fee ($1,100) within 30 days of the notice of their acceptance. (If not accepted to begin with, similar to the Early Admission process, the applicant’s application will still be considered throughout the remainder of the application period and the HPC will make suggestions on enhancements that will improve chances for admission.)
Once you are selected, the first payment is due within 30 days of notification of acceptance and the second payments is due by July 1 (the fee can also be paid in a single payment). For further information, contact Hill Carrow at email@example.com.
For further information contact Hill Carrow: Click here for email or by fax at 919-678-1655.
2020 Camp Information:
More details to come
Click HERE for 2018 HPC Pictures
Click HERE for recent Camper Testimonials